The Old Way
- Research backup software, devices and methodologies
- Purchase backup software or service
- Set up and run the initial backup – sift through all your files and decide what you will and what you won’t backup – pssst, hope you don’t miss anything
- Troubleshoot any errors and issues you run into with your backup
- Set reminders for yourself to review your files (repeat steps 3 and 4) and create backups of new and changed data
- Regularly, and without fail, perform the backups
- Forget to backup before a critical event, like your hard drive dying or your laptop being stolen.
- Experience the sinking dread that comes when you realize your data is no more.
- Lose weeks (or years) of work